10 Things to Ask Before You Hire a Web Design Company
Designing a new website or redesigning an existing one is a huge investment so it is essential give the job to the best web design company who can design all of your specific design needs. This are the ten foundational questions to ask a web design company before you hire them.
1. Which type of web marketing methods do you utilize? When you inquire on this and they stare at you blankly then you definitely realize that you have to select another company. A web design company does not necessarily need to know much about Web marketing so as to develop a well-designed website for you but the best website design company will stay cognizant of the newest trends in Web marketing in order to ensure that the sites they developed are suitable for Web marketing methods and are fully optimized for web marketing.
2. What is the yearly web hosting and routine maintenance charges after the initial year? – Your web designer will probably deliver the website over to you to host, but majority will host it on your behalf and charge a fee for this. You have to budget for this in future years and confirm if it will be a minimal amount or up to the initial design of the website.
3. Do you have a collection that I can check? It is very important that you always take some time to evaluate a web design company’s collections so that one can check the kind of work they generally do and also identify their precise design style. Additionally, it is important to search for a web design company that focuses on your type of market or company because they will have more knowledge and can provide a more exact estimate for the type of website you want to design. The web design company that targets your type of market can easily fixed a realistic and specified time-frame.
4. Which type of search engine optimization knowledge did you have? There are several component of search engine optimization that needs to be added in a website in the design phase. It is necessary to ask the web design company that you will be hiring, if they have any experience in search engine optimization.
5. Which type of content management system (CMS) will be applied in designing the website? This is vital for those who will need to edit, add, or delete the content that will be embedded in your website, in most cases, the web design company will give you a particular ‘template’, but it is good to request for a custom one so that you can customize it to your desired style, this will help in making sure that you will be able to service your own website later on and not have to run after the web design company for help.
6. Do they give sufficient space for future business enlargement? 100MB is good to start with. – You ought to have enough to cover twice your current hosting need. There should also be an easy way to upgrade the website.
7. Does your web design company offer mobile website design? In today’s rapid pace of technology advancement, most people are utilizing the web through mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. It is very important to have a mobile web application to stay relevant in today’s market. Designing a mobile application is totally different from designing a regular website. A mobile web must be fast in loading and easy to use. Make sure that your web design company know how to design or has a designer who design mobile web.
8. What is your experience in social media marketing? Confirm if the web design company you want to hire possess any knowledge in social media marketing. It is important for a good web design company to possess the expertise of creating a twitter account or face book fan page for your website.
9. What customer service do you render after the website has been completed? After the website has been completed and launched successfully it will be of importance to receive some kind of customer support to manage such things as modifications or website issues such as errors in code or performance, you need to be sure that this support is part of the contract signed and the package that you opt for.
10. How long will it take to design the web site? – if it will take more than 48 hours from time of order to being fully designed then check around for another web design company. A good web design company will make your website go live within 24 hours.
A good web design company that gives total satisfaction and quality website design to customer must be able to answer the ten question above, its gives prospective website owners an insight on how to choose the best web design company.